Colgate Link Aluminium Deep Clean Manual Toothbrush with Replaceable Head


Product Information
Get a deep clean with the Colgate LINK replaceable soft head toothbrush. This toothbrush cleans between teeth and along the gumline, removes 151% more bacteria vs. a regular plastic manual toothbrush. **Please note that this product may come in silver or navy.**

Features
At Colgate we believe it’s important to innovate to bring you a deep clean while looking after the planet. That’s why you’ll love the Colgate Link Deep Clean Replaceable Head Toothbrush. This innovative toothbrush has been beautifully designed with a premium aluminum handle that you can use and reuse for as long as you like. 

The long lasting toothbrush comes in a handy Deep Clean Starter Kit that includes the handle and 2 Deep Clean replacement brush heads. The Deep Clean toothbrush head has floss-tip bristles that reach 4X* deeper to gently clean between teeth and along the gumline for a healthy smile. With a cheek and tongue cleaner, the toothbrush head reduces 151% more bacteria** and thoroughly cleans your teeth, tongue, cheeks and gums for a whole mouth clean. 

The Colgate Link toothbrush is good for you and good for the planet. Thanks to the replaceable toothbrush head, it has 80% less plastic than a regular manual toothbrush. Looking after your teeth and the planet will give you even more reasons to flash your bright smile. 

Colour may vary from the one shown, colours available are silver and blue. There is no guarantee what colour you will receive. 

*Below the gumline compared to an ordinary flat trim toothbrush 
**vs a regular manual toothbrush without tongue and cheek cleaner

Benefits
- A handle you will want to keep (long lasting lightweight aluminium handle)
- Contains 2x replaceable Brush Heads and 1x Aluminium Handle
- 4x Deeper Reach below the gumline compared to an ordinary flat trim toothbrush (gently cleans between teeth and along the gumline) 
- Reduces 151% more bacteria vs a regular manual toothbrush without tongue & cheek cleane (cleans teeth tongue, cheeks & gums)
- Replaceable brush heads can only be used with Colgate Link handle 
- A handle you will want to keep (long lasting lightweight aluminium handle)


My review
Along with using sensitive toothpaste for my receding gums, my dentist recommended that I use a soft bristle toothbrush.  Moving from electric to manual toothbrushing was quite a wrench for me as let's face it, electric toothbrushing is completely effortless so having to use my arm and wrist muscles when brushing my teeth felt like too much hard work.  Anyway, once I got my sensitive teeth back under control I switched back to an electric brush but I always have a soft bristled manual brush in my bathroom cabinet for any increased periods of sensitivity.  I was delighted to get accepted for my first Home Tester Club Trial and received a Colgate Link Deep Clean starter pack comprising aluminium handle and two soft bristled replaceable heads.

Colgate Link is one very funky looking toothbrush!  I love the matte metallic blue colour of the aluminium handle and the easy-grip shape has a very ergonomic feel about it.  The head felt a bit large at first but I soon got used to it.  The floss-action bristles certainly went to work straight away and I experienced some bleeding from my gums with the first couple of uses.  It's nothing to be alarmed about, it was just the undulating bristles of the toothbrush getting into places my other toothbrush can't reach.  My teeth felt very clean and polished after just one use; the inner lime green circular bristles (that feel like they're made out of silicone) reminded me of a floor polisher and they certainly seemed to make my teeth sparkle.

An added benefit of the brush is the tongue and cheek cleaner on the back of the head.  I drink a lot of tea so I regularly use a tongue cleaner, however, mine is more of a scraper and I sometimes use it too harshly resulting in bleeding on my tongue.  The Colgate Link tongue cleaner gives a gentle clean of the tongue rather than a harsh scraping and the bobbles actually made it feel like more of a massage.  It did the job just as well as my harsh scraper, gently removing all traces of tea tannins from my tongue.  It felt a bit weird rubbing the back of the toothbrush head against the inside of my cheeks but I guess it's all part of the full mouth deep clean.

The head is easily replaced; it pops off easily with a quick twist and pull and a new head can be placed on the handle with a satisfying click. It's also useful to remove the head for regular cleaning to prevent any toothpaste residue from accumulating inside the head and handle shaft.  You also have to watch out for toothpaste residue in the handle as it tends to accumulate in the narrow point of the holes if you don't rinse your brush properly, but I found that drying the brush with the edge of the towel after rinsing stopped this happening. 

I do think it's a bit pricey for £20, especially when you can get a cheap electric toothbrush for under £20, however, if you think of it as an investment in our future, £20 to protect the environment is a small price to pay to make a big change.

Overall, it's a great toothbrush that gives the whole mouth a deep clean and has the added benefit of protecting our environment.

I tried the deep clean starter kit with soft heads but you can also get a whitening starter kit with medium heads which is currently only £10 at Sainsbury's and I think it's well worth it for that price.

It scores 9/10 from me and I would definitely recommend it, especially if you can get it at half price!

Now I've tried the sample, would I buy it?  Why aye!

Free sample received from: Home Tester Club
RRP: £20 for starter kit containing handle and 2 replaceable heads / £7 for 2 replaceable heads
Purchase from: Superdrug and Waitrose

Comments